This one-day course serves as an introduction to the concept of RRI and its inclusion in research, development and innovation (RDI), as well as aspects that are required to be addressed and included in EU grant applications including H2020. Lessons learned can be brought back and shared with your organisations to improve culture and governance towards an RRI approach in RDI.
The speed of innovation in today’s society is faster than ever before. Numerous research institutes, startup companies and SMEs are pushing the boundaries of current knowledge to produce new products and services in many different sectors. Advances in ICT, Robotics, nanotechnologies, biotechnology, energy, security to name a few will result in, for example: home robots; advances in operating theatre robots; synthetic biology; renewable energy solutions; circular economy processes; driverless cars etc.
These rapidly produced new technologies have an impact on citizens, society and the environment which needs to be considered as early as possible in the design process and should indeed be an integral part of the innovation process. This requires a multi-disciplinary approach and continual education for researchers, research institutes, SMEs and industry in order to take RRI issues into consideration as an integrated part of the research and innovation process and life cycle.
Examples of societal values addressed during the workshop include: safety, security, environmental impact, climate change, ethics.
3 February 2020
The Holiday Inn Vienna City Hotel.
Workshop Topics include:
· Introduction to the concept of RRI and a multidisciplinary approach to RDI
· Key Concepts, Actors, Innovation Life-Cycle
· Benefits of an RRI approach to society, research institutions, SMEs and industry
· Social Science and Humanities (SSH) Vs Science and Technology – Different Agendas?
· Technology assessment and Monitoring (Anticipate, Reflect, Deliberate, Respond)
· How to introduce an RRI culture and governance approach at a research level and at an organizational level.
· Case studies
· Overview of RRI considerations in H2020 projects
€599 + VAT
To register, please download the registration form and send completed form by Email here, or fax to: +97289327362