Upcoming Open Finance Helpdesk Workshops
Workshop on Horizon Europe implementation
Horizon Europe - Ex-ante and ex-post control: system and process audits
Horizon Europe - The use of simplified forms of costs (lump sums, unit costs, flat rates)
Horizon 2020 Personnel Costs calculation wizard
Want the Finance Helpdesk as a partner?
Upcoming Open Finance Helpdesk Workshops:
Our Financial Workshops have been majorly updated, including an Introduction to Horizon Europe. Now, would be the time to come back for a refresher course.
02/04/2019 2 Day Financial Workshop in Vienna
Please Remember: The Finance Helpdesk is happy to come to your premises and hold a Customised Workshop for your Organisation or Project. Please contact us here to find out more.
Workshop on Horizon Europe implementation:
A Stakeholder workshop “Shaping How Horizon Europe is Implemented”, was held in Brussels on 30 January. Stakeholders, representing European R&I umbrella organisations engaged in discussions on various topics.
This event marked the kick-off for discussions with stakeholders on the Implementation Strategy of Horizon Europe and will be followed with more dedicated consultations/meetings with stakeholders.
Below are some specific Horizon Europe presentations that came out of the event.
- “Implementation Strategy from H2020 to Horizon Europe” (A. Panagopoulou, DG RTD) – Slides
- “An accessible Horizon Europe Programme: Proposal submission, evaluation and selection” (A. Cross & I. Vergara, DG RTD) – Slides – Background paper
- “Ex-ante and ex-post control: system and process audits” (M. Zanchi & S. Anthis, DG RTD) – Slides – Background paper
- “Conclusions of the European Court of Auditors special report on H2020 Simplification” (Paul Stafford & Juan Vázquez, ECA) – Slides
- “Reinforcing communication and information to beneficiaries” – Slides – Background paper
- “Capturing data and knowledge for efficient dissemination and exploitation and for the key impact pathways” (I. Sagias & N. Bruno, DG RTD) – Slides – Background paper
- “The use of simplified forms of costs (lump sums, unit costs, flat rates)” (P. Haertwich, DG RTD) – Slides – Background paper
- Report “An accessible Horizon Europe Programme: Proposal submission, evaluation and selection”
- Report “Ex-ante and ex-post control: system and process audits”
- Report “Capturing data and knowledge for efficient dissemination and exploitation and for the key impact pathways”
- Report “The use of simplified forms of costs (lump sums, unit costs, flat rates)”
Horizon 2020 Personnel Costs Calculation Wizard:
There is a new integrated support tool: the Personnel Costs Calculation Wizard.
It can be accessed inside the financial statement screen.
You can choose to use it to assist you in calculating your personnel costs or you can ignore it.
The wizard defines, through a set of questions proposed by the wizard, the required parameters for the calculations. The wizard will then calculate the total personnel costs and fill in the respective field in the financial statement.
This is a useful tool particularly if your organisation is relatively new to Horizon 2020, or it does not have enough administrative or accounting capacity, or has recently been object of ex-post audits on which errors were identified in the calculation of actual personnel costs.
There is a user’s guide that you can download and look at. We recommend all organisations do look at this document, even if just to double check your methodology.
Please download the document here.
Want the Finance Helpdesk as a partner?
The Finance Helpdesk always have to have UpToDate perspective of the submission process and project workings.
In order to do this, we are looking to join a few proposals/projects.
We are able to assist with all the admin aspects of projects and some actual project work as well across many different subjects. If you are interested in working with us, please contact us here, providing a bit of background information, and we will be in touch.
The Finance Helpdesk Team.