As part of the 1st European SME week, the Finance Helpdesk will be holding an open 1 Day FP7 SME Measures (CRAFT) Workshop on 10 May 2009, in Tel-Aviv, Israel.
There have been some major rule changes between FP6 and FP7. In FP7, RTD Performers like Universities and Research organisations, can be the Coordinators of "Research for the benefit of SME" projects.
The Workshop is aimed at people from organisations who are interested in taking part in SME Measures (CRAFT) project proposals. The Workshop will specifically cover the financial rules and regulations related to this type of project and specifically the derogations from other types of Framework Program research proposals.
For example, the price and payment modalities agreed between RTD performers and SMEs should reflect the value of the intellectual property rights and knowledge acquired: the price of a licence should normally be lower than the price for ownership.
The workshop shortcuts the learning curve for participating in a project proposal with a higher chance of success.
The Workshop will cover:
· Overview of Call Activities in "SME Measures" Workprogram
· SME and SME-AG funding schemes (elegibility criteria, emphasis of each scheme, case studies)
· Types of participants (SMEs, SME-associations, RTD performers, Others)
· IPR Issues ("The Transaction" - Access rights v Cost investment for participants)
· Consortium Agreement vs Grant agreement
· Funding rates (Terminology, Project activities, Overheads)
· Budget Preparation (Spreadsheet exercise)
· Submission process
· A Forms
· Part B template (Overview of proposal sections)
· Evaluation Criteria
· Project reporting (Financial, Technical) including Form C
· Ethical Issues
Places are limited and will be allocated on a first register – first serve basis.
Cost to attend is 595€ and includes Workshop handouts, coffee and lunch.
To register, please download the registration form and send completed form by Email here, or fax to: +972 89327362