This Workshop is a new one-day ERC course focussing on proposal preparation, financial and reporting issues. It will be held in London-Heathrow on 25 March 2009.
The ERC has developed and launched two ‘core’ schemes in FP7. The ERC Starting Grant and ERC Advanced Grant allow individual researchers to propose research projects from all areas of scientific and technological research of interest to the EU. Project proposals are evaluated on the sole criterion of excellence and can include high risk, interdisciplinary projects. There are no restrictions on the nationality of the principal investigators to be funded, but they must carry out their research within the European Union and associated countries.
A draft agenda is:
· Overview of ERC Starting Grant, ERC Advanced Grant
· Rules for participation (Individual Teams, Co-investigators, eligible hosts)
· A Forms
· Key points in Proposal Writing
· Evaluation Criteria (two-step)
· Subcontractors, Third Parties
· Eligible & Ineligible costs
· Prefinancing (including Interest on Pre-financing)
· Bookkeeping, Accounting Records, Timesheets, Cost Recording
· EU Audits / Liquidated Damages
· Project Reporting
· The Role of the Coordinator
· Ethical Issues
Places are limited and will be allocated on a first register – first serve basis.
Cost to attend is 595€ and includes Workshop handouts, coffee and lunch.
To register, please download the registration form and send completed form by Email here, or fax to: +972 89327362